Thursday, April 21, 2011

Make Some Me Time!

Happy Sunday everyone!

I am beginning to sound like a broken record these days, and I am fearful that I don’t know how long I will be able to keep up this newsletter.  I have been absolutely swamped.  I think this is one of those times were I may need to rely on YOU all for support.  I am unable to keep my head above water and I feel like I am on a slippery slope.  I am trying to keep in adherence to the plan, but have been struggling a little bit.  To try and take control of the situation, this is what I have done:

  1. Sat down with hubbie and planned dinners for the next 6 nights
  2. Actually tracked BEFORE my meals
  3. BREATHE and reboot.
 I think that the topic of this week’s meeting is very relevant.  Taking time for YOU is an important part of this journey, and is one that you should NOT feel guilty about.  Good, bad, or ugly, I have my meeting on my calendar, and I treat it like any other appointment.  Making time for yourself, Weight Watchers or otherwise, is an important way of saying “I matter”.  If you don’t take care of yourself, you will not be in a good position to take care of others.  This is something that  always kept with me throughout my journey, and I think it does help.

We did our walk this Saturday, and we may have picked up a few more walkers for the Central Market Thrill of the Grill 5K on the 30th of this month.  If you have been following, one of my resolutions (the one that seems to be going WELL) has been to do at least one race per month in 2011.  January, February, March are already in the books.  April 30th is the Central Market race and May is the Heels and Hills 10K.  In addition, May 22 is also Walk-It! Day for the Walk-It Challenge with Weight Watchers.  There are quite a few offered, including one with Heels and Hills, Lake Grapevine Runners & Walkers and some individual walks held by various leaders in D/FW.

In keeping with this topic, I did take advantage of a Groupon a couple of weeks ago for a facial. I made my appointment and am going on 4/23.  Can’t wait for that.  A nice escape. 

I just want to say that I really appreciate you all bearing with me while I go through this rough patch, which basically has been going on for about a year now???? I know I will get my head back in the game, and as long as I have your support, and can get my hubby back on board, I will be fine.  If all goes well this week with the tracking and activity and I show a loss of ANY KIND, I can say that I am on a roll and it will continue.  If not, I have to find another way to get the ball rolling again.  Any and ALL feedback is welcome.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!  I am going to indulge in Desperate Housewives and Sister Wives…it’s all about that ‘me time’ , right???


“I am the only person in the world I should like to know thoroughly.”


-Oscar Wilde


Recipes

Greek-Style Shrimp Saute

Okay...here is another one that kind of fell into my lap, in a manner of speaking.  I purchased shrimp at Kroger last weekend on special.  $4.99 a pound was a pretty good deal for 21/25 count shrimp, so I jumped on it.  The beauty part of this dish is that it's only a 15 minute project, but the flavors taste like it's been cooking for longer than that!  Enjoy!

 

Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
Cook Time: 6 MINUTE
Prep Time:   2 MINUTES
PointsPlus™ value: 5 per serving

Ingredients:

Cooking spray
4 tablespoons light olive oil vinaigrette, divided (such as Ken's Steak House Lite)
1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined large shrimp
1 cup grape tomatoes, halved (I had yellow Sunbursts in the house, and substituted those!)
12 chopped pitted kalamata olives
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1 1/2 ounces crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
Chopped fresh basil (optional)
Lemon wedges (optional)

Instructions:

1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add 1 tablespoon vinaigrette and shrimp. Cook shrimp 3 minutes or until done, stirring frequently.

2. Remove shrimp from pan; keep warm. Add tomatoes, 3 tablespoons vinaigrette, olives, and basil to pan. Cook 1 minute or until tomatoes are thoroughly heated. Remove pan from heat. Add shrimp to pan; toss gently. Sprinkle with cheese and additional basil, if desired; toss well. Serve with lemon wedges, if desired.

I served this over whole wheat orzo, and it was absolutely fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment