Friday, March 11, 2011

Celebrate...(good times...COME ON!)

Can I get a round of applause please? I am actually issuing prior to the weekend! I am actually in a much better place than I was last week, unless you count the whole missing shorts incident. I actually used a no-weigh pass this week because my shorts somehow managed to jump out of my Weight Watchers bag between the time I left the house and the time I got to the meeting at noon.  No biggie though.  I still attended the meeting, and am a much better person for it.  I actually take pride in the fact that I have not missed a meeting since I joined Weight Watchers this last time around.

I am making progress on my takeover of the Telecom side of the cash flow reporting and have managed to get my stuff done, and loaded into my database.  Makes things MUCH easier when you have tools to utilize.  I have learned that pain put in up front usually results in a MUCH easier time of it on the back end.  I am hoping to see the fruits of my labor for quarter end close.

Along the lines of the ‘good things come to those who wait’ adage from last week, I am hoping that my number finally came up at work.  A position that I wanted for the past few years has been posted on the job boards again, so I officially threw my name in the hat.  I am hoping that I won’t be passed over again this time.  I have been thinking positive thoughts, and with a little luck, I may get the position! I think I have proven my self in my current slot, and I think I may be a good fit for the new one.  All positive thoughts are encouraged! More on this story as things develop. 

I am looking forward to Saturday’s walk, and may even try to run some.  As the weather improves, so does my outlook on exercise.  Amazing how that works, and the correlation there!

This week’s meeting topic concerns celebrating success.  One thing that I like to do is reflect on what actually brought me back into the door of my Weight Watchers meeting this last time.  Surprisingly, the story of the horrible picture came up among several of us in class on Wednesday.  Apparently I am not the only one who gagged at a photo that snapped us back into reality!  Sometimes that’s all it takes.  I know in my heart (and in my mirror) that I am not the person in this picture.  Success for me is KNOWING that I will never go back there again.  I have learned the tools necessary for me to live the rest of my life in a healthful manner. I have also learned that I can sustain this for my life. Go me! LOL…

JUNE 9, 2008.
NEVER AGAIN.
 

This is what the Weight Watchers Weekly had to say on the subject of celebrating successes:

Maggie, a Weight Watchers Leader was asked what helps her.  This is a q & a that I found helpful!

Why should you occasionally take stock in how far you’ve come?  Remembering the positive changes that were made reminds you of what you’re good at and opens your world to other possibilities and new capabilities.  It’s a feeling of “I can do this—and maybe I can do the other stuff, too!”

How can reviewing your strengths and accomplishments help if you have a setback?  It can encourage you to jump right back on Plan as you recall the wonderful things that you did do.  For instance, you may have eaten too much over the weekend, but because you planned PointsPlus ™ friendly meals, you made healthier food choices than you may have in the past.

What strengths do you rely on? Planning is something that she is good at. She schedules her daily activities; organizes shopping lists, meals and snacks; makes time to track BEFORE she eats. Planning her foundation of her weight management!

Food for thought, in a manner of speaking!

“Take pride in how far you have come, and


have faith in how far you can go!”

~Christian Larson


RECIPES

Crab Dip

This recipe is always a favorite!   Change the flavor each time you make it; add fresh garlic, horseradish, extra hot sauce, chopped jalapeno, fresh herbs, mustard or capers for variety!



PointsPlus™ Value:  1
Preparation Time:  10 min
Cooking Time:  25 min
Yields: 12 servings – 1 stuffed chicken cutlet

Ingredients:

2 spray(s) cooking spray  
6 oz light cream cheese, softened to room temperature  
1/2 cup(s) Low Fat, Plain Greek Yogurt  
3 Tbsp onion(s), finely minced  
1/2 pound(s) lump crabmeat, fresh or canned, drained  
1/2 tsp hot pepper sauce, or more to taste  
1/2 tsp table salt, or to taste  
2 Tbsp dry sherry, or sweet sherry (or to taste)   

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 325ºF. Coat a 7-inch baking dish with cooking spray.

In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined. Spoon mixture into prepared dish and bake until dip is heated through and center is no longer runny, about 20 to 25 minutes. Cool slightly before serving.

Yields about 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons per serving.

Notes:

This recipe can be made up to 1 day in advance and stored in the refrigerator. Bring to room temperature before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment